Shelburne Farmers Market opens Saturday
|May 24, 2012||Filled under Headlines, Our Town||
8th season of benefitting our neighbors
Shelburne Farmers Market will open for its eighth season on Saturday, May 26 on the Parade Ground in the heart of Shelburne Village.
Bigger than ever, according to Market Manager Tod Whitaker who is also the President of Shelburne Business & Professional Association which sponsors the popular market. There are 12 new vendors at the market this year, bringing the total to 43.
The goal of the market, Whitaker says, is to benefit your neighbors, both the neighbors who farm, cook, bake, and craft to ensure the bounty of the weekly market, and the neighbors who rely on the market for its locally grown fresh produce and the best quality prepared foods and crafts. And with its spacious grassy setting, the Farmers Market is the place to meet and greet, catch up on neighborly news.
Local singer/songwriter Dawna Hammers will be singing and playing at the opening market to entertain the crowd.
New vendors at the market this year are:
• Woodchuck Coffee Roasters from South Burlington with coffee drinks, hot and cold, and ground coffee by the bag.
• The Rose Man, Ivan Ploof of Charlotte with vegetables, fruit, and roses.
• Open View Farm of New Haven with vegetables, lamb, and maple syrup.
• From the Ground Up Bakery of Burlington with gluten-free baked goods and mixes.
• Gadabout Farm of Shelburne with chicken, duck, and prepared food.
• Ceres Garden of Hardwick with herbs, vegetables, seedlings, and hand blown glass.
• Tabletop spreads from South Burlington with spreads and jams.
• Green Mountain Organic Creamery from Charlotte with organic dairy products.
• Sugartree Maple Farm of Williston with maple treats including maple soda.
• Original Fresh Beads from Stowe with original porcelain beads.
• John Maeck of Shelburne with vegetables.
• Vivian Acres from Colchester with wool, goats’ milk and eggs
The Farmers Market is open from 9 am to 1 pm every Saturday through early October.