SCHIP grants awarded
|July 11, 2012||Filled under Our Town||
Members of the Board of Directors of the Shelburne, Charlotte, Hinesburg Interfaith Projects (SCHIP), a local non-profit, have awarded $20,500 in grants to a variety of local organizations in their recent grant cycle, one of three annually. Since the first grants were given in April 2005, more than $360,000 has been distributed from funds raised through the sale of quality used clothing and home goods at SCHIP’S Treasure Resale Shop.
Grants in the current cycle were awarded to the following organizations:
• The Charlotte Recreation Program for the playground project
• Hinesburg Food Shelf for milk and food vouchers
• Keeping Track for Charlotte/Hinesburg Boy Scout field trips
• ReSource for job training
• Schoolhouse Learning Center for their pre-school program
• Shader Croft School for Hinesburg and Shelburne students enrolled in the summer program
• Shelburne Fire Fighters for a community rescue sled
• Shelburne Methodist Church for a projector
• Stern Center for student scholarships
• Visiting Nurses Association for Camp Knock Knock, a bereavement camp supporting grieving families
Funding for ReSource, The Stern Center, and Camp Knock Knock was specific to scholarships and support for Shelburne, Charlotte, and Hinesburg residents.
The deadline for the next round of grant applications is Sept. 30, 2012. Grant application forms are available by emailing email@example.com or paper applications are available at the SCHIP’S Treasure Resale Shop, 5404 Shelburne Road in Shelburne Village or at the Town Clerk’s offices in Shelburne, Charlotte and Hinesburg.