DRB approves plans for Automaster expansion
|October 24, 2012||Filled under DRB, Municipal, Our Town||
By Carol Casey
At its meeting on Oct.17, the Development Review Board (DRB) approved the site and sketch plans submitted on behalf of the Automaster dealership for expansion of their display space on the site formally occupied by the Harbor Hideaway. The Dubrul Family, LLC acquired the land, razed the existing buildings, and will be landscaping the property to provide more than 100 new spaces for their Mini car display. In addition, the entrance drive to Automaster will be enhanced and two additional automotive display areas will be built along the side of the drive.
In other business, the DRB approved:
• A conditional use application for a two-bedroom accessory apartment and bathroom above the garage and renovation of the first floor of the garage to accommodate a living room, kitchen and half bath at 567 Longmeadow Drive.
• A sketch plan for a boundary line adjustment between properties owned by Randolph & Virginia Rowland and James and Sue Gears at 724-888 Pond Road, which would transfer 2.13 acres from the Rowland lot to the Gears property.
• A conditional use application for using the building at 135 Northside Drive formerly occupied by the Mammut Sports group for Ryan Brothers Electric and its anticipated tenant Burlington Granite, a manufacturer and seller of kitchen counters.
• A sketch plan for subdividing a 6.9-acre lot at 5800 Spear Street into two lots. The first lot will continue to house the office and maintenance barn for Kwiniaska Golf Course while the new currently vacant 3.14-acre lot bordered by Webster Road is likely to become the site of a single family home.
• A sketch plan for a seven-lot subdivision at 75 Northside Drive. Two duplexes and five single-family homes are planned.
• Discussion of the preliminary plan for the Champlain Housing Trust development behind Harrington House was continued until the DRB’s next meeting pending the outcome of the Historic Preservation and Design Review Committee’s meeting with the developers on Oct.25.
The next meeting of the Development Review Board will be held at 7 pm on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at the Municipal Center.