Shelburne Rescue members were pleased to join with the Shelburne Volunteer Fire Department members at the12th annual banquet recognizing the many accomplishments of both services throughout the year.
Indeed, this year held an abundance of accomplishments to recognize:
• Fourteen new members joined the squad since last year, lifting volunteer membership to 41 members, each committed to a minimum of 48 hours of volunteer service per month to the community, including one full time employee, Ian Kilburn.
• This is the fifth consecutive year of serving the Shelburne community without requiring tax contributions from residents. Shelburne Rescue currently supports the operating budget strictly from billing revenue from services provided, miscellaneous individual donations received, and from the generous support of community members that subscribe annually to our subscription drive, held at the end of June.
• A call volume that is expected to well exceed the 742, 911-calls of fiscal year 2011-12.
• Anticipate the replacement of a 10-year-old ambulance without any changes to taxpayers’ tax burden.
• Through a peer selection process, the following recognition was awarded to the following recipients by Suzanne Zaner, member, and Megan Cross, assistant chief.
Rescuer of the Year: Bryan Goodrich
Driver of the Year: John Kelley
The Joan Foster Award: Megan Cross
The Charlie Phelps Award: Megan Cross
Rookie of the Year: Sean Patrick Keenan
• The following service pins were also awarded:
Three years: Alex Goddard and David Schmidt
Fifteen years: James Mack
Shelburne Rescue officers for 2012-2013 are as follows: Chief Linda Goodrich; Asst. Chief Megan Cross; Training Officer Andrew Kehl; Treasurer Wendi Turner; and Secretary Bambi Shanahan.
Shelburne Rescue would like to express appreciation to all of the Town Departments, especially, the Shelburne Police Department and Emergency Communication Center, Shelburne Fire Department and the Highway Department.
We welcome new members. If you would like further information on becoming a member, please view our web site at www.shelburnerescue.org or give us a telephone call at (802) 985-5125.