By Carol Casey
At its meeting on May 1, the Development Review Board (DRB) acted quickly in approving three design review applications. Mary King, the owner of a home at 19 Mt. Philo Road, was granted approval for installing a synthetic stone façade over existing cinder block on the north side of her house; Patrick Grangien of French Farmhouse, LLC received approval for replacing the sign for the Lemon Peel at 195 Falls Road provided that lighting for the sign conforms with the town’s lighting ordinance and is approved by the Historic Preservation and Design Review Commission; lastly Barbara and Andy Comeau were granted an alteration to a plan approved by the DRB in 2010. The Comeaus will be constructing a full basement and a new foundation to support their home at 985 Falls Road that is currently sitting on a rotting timber foundation.
In other action, the DRB approved a Final Plan revision for the proposed subdivision at 1140 Webster Road. The revision, based upon recommendations made by the Shelburne Natural Resources and Conservation Committee, consolidates two open space lots in order to minimize the risks of erosion and runoff and accommodate wildlife movements along the Munroe Brook corridor. The DRB also approved the text of decision reached at its last meeting regarding revisions to the plans for the Center for Art and Education at the Shelburne Museum.
The next meeting of the Development Review Board will be held on May 15 at 7 pm in the Municipal Center.