All dogs are welcome to join us for the dog party of the year! However, here are a few things to keep in mind, before bringing your pup to a public event:
- Leashes are required; keep them to six feet or less. Retractable leashes should not be used.
- For dogs who pull or are difficult to hold onto, consider using a head halter or harness for better control.
- If your dog is easily excited, exercise before coming to the event; it is a great way to help your dog remain calm at the event.
- Make sure vaccinations are current.
- Do not bring an intact male dog or female dog in season.
- Do not allow your dog to jump on other visitors, and know how your dog responds to children or strangers. Keep a safe distance from others if unsure.
- Always ask before allowing your dog to approach another dog, person or child. You should also ask (and encourage your kids) to ask permission to pet another dog.
- Remember to give your dog a break – for food, shade or rest if they need it. There will be plenty of “water stations” available, but you may want to bring some just in case.
- Limit the size of your dog’s morning meal – there will be plenty of tasty treats!
- Bring bags for proper pet waste disposal. Not only does fecal matter harbor bacteria, it damages the pristine Museum grounds. So drop it off at one of our poop-raffle stations for a chance to win an awesome prize!
Don’t forget about our canine costume competition and parade! Great prizes will be distributed to our first place winners! See event schedule for times and locations.