Members of the Board of Directors of the Shelburne, Charlotte, Hinesburg Interfaith Projects (SCHIP) have awarded $12,205 in grants to a variety of local organizations in their most recent grant cycle. Since the first grants given in April 2005, more than $450,000 has been distributed from funds raised through the sale of used clothing and home goods at the SCHIP’s Treasure Resale Shop.
Grants in the current cycle were awarded to the following organizations:
- Charlotte Food Shelf for fuel supplies etc.
- Boy Scouts of America: Eagle Scout project for Shelburne’s Davis Park pavilion
- Hinesburg Community School for after school scholarships
- Schoolhouse Learning Center for equipment
- Shelburne Community School for Communication System
- Hinesburg Community School for Literacy Program
- Pastor discretionary funds for St Catherine’s of Siena and United Church of Hinesburg
- Vermont Zen Center
The deadline for the next round of grant applications is Jan. 31, 2014. Grant application forms are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Paper applications are available at the SCHIP’S Treasure Resale Shop at 5404 Shelburne Road in Shelburne Village or at the Town Clerk’s offices in Shelburne, Charlotte, and Hinesburg.