Champlain Valley’s Autumn Eastman finished third and helped the Lady Redhawks finish sixth overall at the 79th New England cross country championships in Manchester, N.H on Saturday, Nov. 9. Eastman, the D-I state champion, finished the 5K at Derryfield Park in 17 minutes, 48.3 seconds.
Race car driver Dillon Machavern of Charlotte was a success in 2013. This year he won the following:
- SCCA US Majors – Eastern Conference Champion in GT-1 #29 Ford Falcon
- Enduro Championship Racing – Champion in Spec Miata in #24 Mazda Miata
- Tarheel Cup Pro Series – Champion in Spec Miata in #24 Mazda Miata
- 13-Hour Charge of the Headlight Brigade – Champion in #24 Aston Martin
- SCCA Central Florida Region GT-1 Champion in #29 Ford Falcon
- He also set a new track record in GT-1 at New Jersey Motorsports Park and Virginia International Raceway and a new track record in Spec Miata – Time Trials at Barber Motorsports.